The calculations related to in home health care prices are very important while selecting the right kind of service provider. Of course you need to focus on the quality of service also. But most of the times the cost escalation can overshadow the other aspects, especially when you are thinking of long term costs involved in elder care. Hence it is essential for you to plan the required services based on your bare necessities, if you are on a budget. There are certain useful tips you can find here in streamlining the facilities and services.
In Home Health Care Prices – List Your Needs
- Basic Support: – Are your elders capable of taking care of their own basic needs or do they need help? You need to include restroom support, bathing, dressing and grooming. You can avoid them if your elders are capable of self support.
- Food Preparation: – If you or your spouse can prepare the breakfast and lunch before going out to work in the morning, it is good enough for your elders. The caretaker ahs to only heat the prepared food and serve to your elders. Since you will be back for supper, you can avoid the expenses needed for food preparation.
- Housekeeping: – If your landlord has provided a dedicated housekeeping service for you, it is wise to avoid this service also. Or you can look for automated systems which you can operate and perform the tasks regularly. The mundane tasks like laundry, dishwashing, cleaning & vacuuming and others can be done when you return home. Make sure your elders have sufficient clothing, napkins, towels and other toiletries when they are with the caretaker.
Well, these are some of the basic cost saving options you can think of. Your elders might need the caretakers for medication monitoring, treatment follow up, therapy and massage, companionship and emergency medical care.
Talk to your service provider and get their quote. You can compare multiple quotes from the different companies and choose the best. You can try out their services for a couple of weeks to check if they are acceptable to your elders.
Long term costs – Daycare vs. 24 X 7
Evaluate the options between daycare alone and 24×7 support services. You need to discuss with your elders and family members about this. If you and your family are ready to support your elders during the evenings and nights (after you reach home) you might opt for daycare services alone. This will help you saving costs.
- Make a List: – List out all the support needed by your elders during evenings and nights. Check which are the needs your family might be able to manage. If 8 out of 10 tasks are self manageable, take a look at the remaining two tasks. If they are critical you need the 24X 7 caretaker support.
- Search for Options: – Compare the quotes from different providers for daycare and 24X7 support services. Then compare them with your budget plan and choose the best accordingly.