How to Sell Your House Quickly
You want to know how to sell your house quickly, but you have decided to go it alone without the help of a realtor. Firstly, I applaud you on your decision. Many people now choose to sell their property by taking the “for sale by owner” route. This is not actually as difficult as it seems, it just requires some time for research.
If you want to sell your house quickly, you will always have to pay for it in some way. You can either choose to pay an agent or realtor a commission fee up to 7% or you pay by investing your time, by reading up as much as possible and increasing your knowledge in this area.
I know which one I would rather do. Just by assuming that a realtor will take a $21,000 commission out of the sale of a $300,000 property is enough to convince me to do it myself!
One of the best ways to get a lot of attention and quickly is by placing a classified ad. You can do this online nowadays. A classified ad site such as Craigslist actually receives millions of visitors on a monthly basis. So now all you need to do is make your ad stand out from the crowd:-
– Your headline always needs to grab attention. Make it catchy – “priced to sell quickly”, “Save thousands of dollars on agent’s fees”, “The Area’s Best School Located Nearby”. Just use your imagination here!
– Keep your listing as simple and as close to the point as possible. People don’t naturally like reading lots and lots of information. So rather than becoming emotionally involved in your description, stick to bullet points.
– Make sure you write down the details people will want to know. Number of bedrooms, bathrooms. The square footage and prominent features.
– Photos inside and outside the property. When taking an external photo, make sure the weather is sunny and it’s a bright day. Remove things like the kid’s toys on the lawn and the car from the driveway.
Make sure when taking photos inside the house the rooms are neat and free from clutter. In the kitchen remove items that you often never think about. On top of fridges, counter areas, etc.
– If you can, upload a video. A tour of your home with you giving a verbal presentation gives a far more personal feeling to any potential buyer. By seeing a face and hearing a voice, you have established trust! People are always far more likely to buy from someone they trust.
For those of you wanting to know how to sell your house quickly, classified ads are just one great way to go about it!
Do you desperately need to know how to sell your house quickly?